Monday, February 9, 2009

When it snowed......

And it snowed finally...
I stepped out into the lawn
to make a snowman
as everyone did that...
I made a wonderful snowman.
Named it Bob!!!
Dont ask me why?!
Becoz even I dont know!! ;)

He became my best buddy
in a very few hours.
He taught me to make
flying angels on the snow..
He taught me to love the taste of
snow flakes settling on my frozen tongue..
I kissed his cold chubby cheeks..
We talked for hours while
I was polishing him..
I had hell lot of fun until I sneezed!

I had to get inside now.
I was so tired that
I almost forgot about my buddy Bob
for a whole night.

And woke up to see
his head rolled down
with his carrot nose buried in ice
and the red cap with red lights on it,
that I gifted him
no longer glittering as it ran out of batteries.

I looked through the window
while I was making
my first cup of coffee that morning.
Suddenly my vision blurred..
Was it raining??!!!


Oh! Never mind,
It was my tears! (Sighhhhhhh!!!!!)

10 comments:

peter ivan said...

A good poem,loved it!

A Liberated Soul said...

Loved it! Simple yet striking.

Unknown said...

Nice Poem!
luvd it ...
:)

Srishti Padathiyaar said...

Thanks peter n ifthikar :)

@ Darshhh

My dear friend, Some things look so simple...

I'll write frequently.. Thankx for ur views n support.

Tricksand said...

The creation of snow man was enjoyed... all the feelings were remembered and will be cherished...so is the end coz it was destined to end...

Dont mind my comments ... U write really well.. i enjoy reading but putting ma view and reading ur response gives a better idea of the inside of these creations..!!!!

Srishti Padathiyaar said...

@ Tricklesand

Somethings are destined to end... But some wont give it up in mind.
They create snowman and cry the next day!!! ;)

Thankx a lot for ur views!!!!!!!!!

Tricksand said...

Pain comes when the snow man get stuck in the mind... like they say after every profound experience there comes a stage of deepest grief and loneliness its like the dashing waves withdrawing from the shore... but new waves will come and cover up the loss... when you lose something you feel its the worst that has happened till date...

Try to remember something happened in the past... u ll be amused to see how you got over it..... Its all around you... nothing is created... when you see it in a different way you fell its something new... It is that something which makes life move....

Merin Jose said...

A beautiful poem..enjoyed it!

Manoj Thelakkat said...

loved this one laks...simple and touching ....qs always remains, why only good things come to an end ????

Srishti Padathiyaar said...

@Merin

Thankx for visiting my blog.

@manoj

Good things in life never last... if it had lasted we would never know the pain n suffering in the world.